Sunday, January 8, 2012

How to Breed Frogs Quickly and Easily

How to Breed Frogs Quickly and Easily
by Vickerooni

(Video version of this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agRmxekTsWU)

Good day, lovely human being (: I’m here to explain my efficient, quick way to breed frogs and fill up your froggydex. (To prove this, I’m at 62% with 11,963 frogs after only about half a year of playing the game off and on. (Shown in picture to the right)) I’m sure other people have already figured this out, so I am in no way claiming this idea to be originally mine. I simply, on my own, constructed a way that worked for me based on the mechanics of the game Pocket Frogs.
               Let’s begin, shall we?
               All right. First of all (and this is going to be the most difficult step for some of you depending on how full your froggydex is) you’ll need to pick one breed to complete. I’m working on completing my Gyrus frogs right now.

 


This is the list of combinations of frogs you’re going to need in order to cover all 16 secondary colors (Tingo thru Chroma) and 23 base colors (Maroon through Glass): In the first habitat, you’ll need: Olive Tingo, Azure Carota, Violet Aurum, Royal Folium, Glass Muscus, Emerald Callaina, Black Caelus; (Second habitat): Purple Pruni, Blue Viola, Beige Ceres, Green Floris, Pink Albeo, Aqua Bruna, Cocos Cafea; (Third habitat): Orange Picea, Yellow Chroma (Fourth and final habitat; in this habitat, all that is important is the base color. The secondary color can be anything. Also, this habitat is mainly a storage habitat.): Maroon, Red, Tangelo, White, Golden, Marine, Lime.

Once you have all those combinations, you’re pretty much already halfway done (: This is honestly the hardest part, especially if you don’t have the combinations already somewhere in your froggydex. Once you get the first round of them done, the next few breeds will be super easy. (I’ll explain this at the end of the guide.)
So now that you’ve got your habitats looking nice and pretty with all these frogs lined up, naturally you should start with the Maroon frog. (Well, first you need to take all of them to the pond to tame them, but that’s just technicalities.) Pull Mr. Maroon out of the fourth habitat and into the first one with the Tingo - Caelus combinations. (For the sake of my already finishing the Maroon set of Gyrus, I’ll be using Mr. Red to demonstrate the next step.) Now select Menu, Froggydex, and scroll to the breed of choice you are going to fill. Mine is Gyrus. Click on the breed and the base colored frog to check out what frogs of that base need secondary colors. For instance, for my Red Gyrus frog, I still need Red Aurum, Red Folium, and Red Muscus in the first habitat.

Now that I know what I’m missing, I’ll go back to the first habitat and begin breeding Mr. Red with the frogs that have the secondary colors that I need. To breed, select the frog you want to breed with (Mr. Red, for me) and select the heart before selecting the frogs you want to make babies and combinations with. (In this case, I would breed Mr. Red with Violet Aurum, Royal Folium, and Glass Muscus. I usually breed with the same frog four times, so in the first batch I could possibly get my Red Aurum and Red Folium.) After you breed eight frogs (that’s the limit for the nursery), go to your froggydex and check to see if your frog combinations were fulfilled. (I suppose it’s a bit of a loophole, but the froggydex will tell you if any one of your eggs in the nursery is the frog you need. For example, if you’re looking for a certain frog but don’t want to wait for all the eggs to hatch, just check the amount of coins the egg costs and go into your froggydex to match it up.)
I’ve successfully bred the Red Aurum and the Red Folium so now I’d move on to getting the Red Muscus. Once I’m done with the combinations in the first habitat, I’ll pluck Mr. Red out of the first habitat and drop him in the second one to do this process over again. Finally, once I’m done with the combinations in the second habitat, I’ll drop Mr. Red in the last breeding habitat (third) to get the Picea and Chroma secondary colors. When I have 16/16 for the Red Gyrus frog, I’ll put him back in the fourth habitat. DO NOT SELL THESE FROGS AFTER YOU’RE DONE WITH THEM. You may think you can be rid of them after you’ve bred them, but you’re not done with them.
Thus begins the final and circling step of this entire breeding process, all for the sake of efficiency. At this point, you should have 100% next to the selected name of breeding. (In my case, I should have 100% beside “Gyrus” in the first level of the froggydex.) If you don’t have 100% yet, do not begin this next step. You aren’t ready.
For those of you who are, let’s begin.
Choose which breed you want to complete next. For me, it would be Insero because I’m going from bottom to top in the froggydex. Anywho, make sure you have a frog of that breed. The color combination does not matter for this frog. Stick your frog (in my case, Insero) in the first habitat. Begin breeding the new frog (Insero) with all the combinations until you get the same combinations in the new frog. For instance, once I’m done breeding all the frog combinations with the Insero, I will have ended up with an Olive Tingo Insero, Azure Carota Insero, Violet Aurum Insero, etc., all the way through the Lime frog in the fourth habitat. In this way, you easily replace the frogs from the old set with frogs from the new set you are trying to complete. This is the epitome of efficiency in this game. Like I said before, the very first frog breed you try to complete will be the hardest. After that, you have begun a cycle that will simply repeat and repeat until your froggydex is 100% complete. (:
 I hope this guide was at least a smidge helpful and understandable. If not, email me any questions or concerns at pocket.frogs.vickerooni@gmail.com

Thank you for taking interest (: I would greatly appreciate some feedback if this guide assisted you in any way.
Have a fabulous day!
-Vickerooni
  
-------

Want eight free frogs? Request them today! (http://pocketfrogsvickerooni.blogspot.com/2012/01/rules-for-requesting-frogs.html)
Plus+ ID: Vickerooni
Email: pocket.frogs.vickerooni@gmail.com
(How to breed and obtain chroma and glass frogs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAoMlg-OmqY)

No comments:

Post a Comment