Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shh!...It's time for Cheating


Shh!...It’s time for cheating
Yes, cheating. Gasp!
Chill. It’s not that bad. It’s also the only real cheat I know for the game. (Well, there are a few other ones, but those are more involved.) Anyway, back to the reason I’m here.
This cheat is basically a time cheat. I will show you how to trick Pocket frogs into thinking it’s time for your frogs to hatch and things in your mailbox to arrive.
All right. First of all, you’ll need Pocket Frogs open and also Settings (this is mainly for iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad users – however, if you can manage to navigate to a similar place as far as settings for time goes, then have at it.)
Now, let’s say you want to breed a Magus and a Veru, but you really, really don’t want to wait two whole days just for the eggs to hatch. Well you’re in luck! Before you begin the breeding process, go into the aforementioned settings, general, and then date & time. For some of you, you have “set automatically” activated. Just for this, deactivate it. Now that it’s off, click “set date and time” and scroll the day back two days. For example, today it’s the ninth of January. I’ll scroll it back to the seventh.
Next, (for those of you that have multitasking, double click the home button and go into Pocket Frogs) go back to the Pocket Frogs app and wait a few seconds for it to register the time change. Your frogs should begin hopping around like normal within a short period of time. Now is when you breed your Veru and Magus. Do it eight times if you’d like. Once all your little eggs are bouncing around in the nursery, go back into the settings app.
Now, however, instead of scrolling backwards, you’ll scroll forwards two days, ending on the current date. And like magic, all your eggs will have turned into fully grown frogs! Within seconds you have what would have taken 48 hours to achieve. How’s that for an amazing cheat?
You can also trick your mailbox using the same technique. Say I want to purchase a Roboris that I accidentally sold and really want back. Before I purchase it, I’ll go into settings, general, and date & time again. Roboris’ don’t take two days to get mailed, so I’d scroll back one day (i.e. today is the ninth so I’d scroll back to the eight). Now I’ll go back to the Pocket Frogs app and purchase said Roboris. Then, like a quick, sly little fox, I’ll jump back over to the settings app, scroll back to today’s date and then flip back over to Pocket Frogs and voila! I have my Roboris like it was sent yesterday. Pretty neat, huh?

Edit: I often find myself breeding frogs or ordering them from the froggydex before I remember to turn back the time, so here's a way to work around that. Please make sure to follow all these instructions exactly because NimbleBit has gotten smart with their newest update.
First, now that you've got a bunch of little eggs or frogs waiting in your mailbox, go to the Settings app and back into Date & Time, like in the guide above. Today is June 15, so I would scroll forward two days like normal. Go back to the Pocket Frog app and your wee little babies should be fully grown adults (and the frogs in your mailbox should be prime for picking, although you should wait until after the time changes are done to place them, just to be safe.
Go back into time settings, but DON'T SCROLL BACK TWO DAYS. Scroll back four days, stopping two days before the actual date (i.e. to June 13 instead of June 15). Go back into Pocket Frogs, just enough for it to register the time change. Then go back to Settings again and then this time you may change it back to the original date (June 15). Voila! You've gotten the frogs you want faster than you actually had to wait! AND you got around the sneaky sneaky NimbleBit-ers who tried to prevent us from doing this.

If your curious, I found out the hard way what happens when you do it like you would normally after you've already bred frogs. I changed the time two days forward (usually I would breed to sell, so I'd sell all the grown ups off) and then after my business was done, I'd go back to the original date - just to find that ALL OF MY FROGS, no matter how old they had been, we're reverted back to babies in eggs as if they had JUST BEEN BORN. While this isn't an issue, because you can just skip two days forward and work in the app like normal, that is a bit of a nuisance and I don't like manipulating time too much past the original date because I use my iPhone for more than just Pocket Frogs and I need the time to be normal.

Welp, that's it's for me!

If this guide didn’t make sense, feel free to email me with any questions and concerns.
Thanks!
-Vickerooni

-------

Don't forget to check out my blog post on how to quickly fill up your froggydex! (http://pocketfrogsvickerooni.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-breed-frogs-quickly-and-easily.html)
Plus+ ID: Vickerooni
Email:
pocket.frogs.vickerooni@gmail.com
(How to breed and obtain chroma and glass frogs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAoMlg-OmqY)

No comments:

Post a Comment